Today I’d like to share a discussion I had over Zoom with Austin Spreadbury, Director of Product Management at Metaswitch, whose responsibilities include Call Guardian Authentication Hub (Metaswitch’s STIR/SHAKEN and robocall prevention product).
In this video we discuss:
- The overall status of STIR/SHAKEN roll-out in the industry
- The extension available to smaller carriers
- The requirement to implement robocall mitigation measures in order to qualify for this extension
- What exactly does robocall mitigation mean
- How Metaswitch’s Call Guardian Authentication Hub product can help with that.
In our discussion we reference a couple of documents:
- An article I wrote recently about possible robocall mitigation strategies.
- A best practice statement from the FCC Wireline Competition Bureau.
I hope you enjoy our conversation.