Award Consulting is a small team of expert VoIP and SS7 engineers. We provide high-touch assistance to independent telephone companies across the US, helping with migrations, troubleshooting and new product roll-outs. We have a particular focus on Metaswitch products and Hosted PBX / UCaaS.
- Award Consulting was founded in 2016 and has grown revenue and profit every year.
- You will be the 4th member of our team.
- We all work remotely from our home offices.
This is a full-time, salaried role. You will be working closely with our clients to help them with tough technical problems – including switch migrations, translations updates and rolling out new products and services.
Why choose this job?
- You get to use your technical skills to directly help clients who are grateful for your assistance. This combination of technical work and personal contact with those you help is very satisfying.
- You get to work from your home office permanently (not just during pandemics).
- You will be working with competent professionals in a friendly, relaxed, remote-work culture where people know what they need to do and support each other as a team.
- We can be creative about work schedules – if you want to have 8 weeks of vacation a year, or finish at 3pm every day, or never want to work on Fridays – we can discuss that.
Skills & Attributes
If you’re a great candidate for this job, you will be a technical expert in most of the following.
- IP networks – understanding subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet and QoS.
- SIP, MGCP and RTP – recognizing protocol flows and knowing how to troubleshoot audio quality issues.
- SS7/ISUP – understanding the architecture and being familiar with point-codes, TCICs, A-links and TCAP queries.
- Hosted PBX / UCaaS features and configuration – including close familiarity with either Broadsoft or Metaswitch products.
But that’s not all! You are not the stereotypical engineer hiding in a basement – you will be talking confidently and compassionately to clients who need help from a trusted advisor.
- You are comfortable talking on the phone with people you haven’t met, and building a relationship over time so those strangers become friends.
- You can run a meeting – by keeping the conversation moving forward towards decisions and agreed actions.
- You are willing to admit when you’ve made a mistake and apologize gracefully.
- You are emotionally intelligent, and can tell when another person is frustrated or upset.
- You are well organized. You can keep track of your tasks and deadlines and are able to successfully juggle competing responsibilities without dropping any balls.
If that sounds like you, and this role sounds exciting to you, then please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For an extra bonus, to show that you pay attention to detail, please include a P.S. in the cover letter that tells us how many IP addresses are in a /24 subnet.