A resilient and high-performance IP network is critical to the success of any service provider, but with all the other demands on your time, it’s easy to overlook your core infrastructure. Before long, you realize that your network is struggling to keep up, and you’re one failure away from disaster.
- Is your IP network designed to provide the latency, capacity and (lack of) packet loss required by VoIP?
- Will your network continue to provide service even if a core router fails?
- Do you have room to support the expected traffic growth over the next 3 years?
- How’s your security? Is anyone trying to hack into your network today? Could you survive a DDOS attack?
IP Network Audit Service
Our IP Network Audit Service is intended for local service providers who are concerned about the state of their IP networks. The details of the service will vary for each client, but a typical engagement will include some or all of the following elements.
High-level design documentation
We’ll work with you to understand the core network elements (switches, routers, firewalls) that make up your network, along with how your network is structured (e.g. subnets, VLANs). We’ll then put together a simple reference document so everyone who works on your network can easily understand the design.
We’ll work with you to understand what services you provide using your network, and the current requirements these place on the IP network. We’ll also discuss plans for the future – your use of virtualization, the cloud, new services on the horizon, and your growth forecasts.
Resilience / Redundancy Audit
We’ll review how your network would cope with a failure. Is there any device or cable or power supply that could cause a service outage? It’s not possible to build a network that will never experience a failure. Instead your goal should be to create a network that is resilient to failure. If a failure happens you want service to continue unhindered, you want alarms to be raised with your NOC, and you want a plan in place to resolve the issue to restore full redundancy.
What’s your exposure to security risk? Could a hacker gain access to your network and steal service or steal confidential information? If a hacker targeted your network with a DDOS attack could you withstand it?
The end result will be a list of recommendation – areas that warrant further investigation or actions we recommend you take to address the concerns we’ve highlighted. The report will give you a clear picture of where you stand, and give you the information you need to make decisions about where to invest.
– Mark Grady, General Manager, New Paris Telephone & Founder, INdigital
How to get started
- If you’re interested to work with us, the first step is to complete our contact form and provide a bit more information about your situation.
- We’ll then schedule a 30-60 minute consultation call where we discuss your situation in more detail and get an understanding for the scope of the engagement.
- If it seems like this engagement is a good fit, we’ll then put together a proposal for the audit.
- If you want to move forward, we’ll schedule a start date and a designated lead contact on our team, and we’ll get started working together.